- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Letter: The Illini Jamboree
On the weekend of Friday , Sept. 9 through Sunday, Sept. 11, Boy Scout Troop 41 went to Champaign, Ill. That weekend the Scouts camped on The University of Illinois campus. The scouts left Sugar Grove on Friday at 1 p.m. and hit the road. At about 4 p.m., the scouts reached Champaign. On Saturday, the Scouts walked a mile to get to Memorial Field. At 11 a.m. the Scouts watched the opening kickoff of Illinois vs. South Dakota State University.
After the fighting Illini beat the Jack Rabbits 56-3, the Scouts returned to camp to have fun with inflatable bounce houses and obstacle courses. Also, they could buy lots of good food at several food stands. On Sunday morning, the Scouts packed up and went home. For information on joining Boy Scouts, please contact Scoutmaster Dave Seraphin at (630) 466-4913.
Scout Scribe Troop 41