- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Kane County Sheriff’s Office looking for citizen of the year
ST. CHARLES—Kane County Sheriff Pat Perez is accepting nominations for the Roscoe Ebey Citizen of the Year award.
This award was created in memory of Roscoe Ebey, who was murdered in his Aurora Township home in 2007. Ebey was a decorated World War II military veteran and a popular member of his neighborhood. It was only fitting that the first recipient was Leslie Fleming, whose selfless actions led to the capture of the person who was charged in Ebey’s murder. Perez encourages members of the community to recognize those who go the extra mile to look out for their neighbors.
Anyone wishing to nominate someone should send their nominations via e-mail to email@example.com or mail to Kane County Sheriff’s Office 37W755, Route 38, Suite A, St. Charles IL 60175. Nominations will be taken until Oct. 15, and the award will be presented in November.