- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Henry G. ‘Butch’ Larsen
Butch Larsen, 70, of Marseilles, Ill., died Monday, Sept. 19, 2011, at Provena Hospital in Joliet, Ill. Funeral services were held on Sept. 22, 2011, at the Osborne-Nelson Funeral Home in Seneca, Ill. Burial was in the Mount Hope Cemetery in Seneca.
Butch was born Aug. 25, 1941, in Sycamore to Hank and Alma (Beck) Larsen. He married Nacine Lyles on Oct. 21, 1967, in Maple Park at the Grace Limited Church. She died Oct. 1, 2002.
Butch was a retired heavy equipment operator and was a member of Local 150.
He is survived by a son, Scott Larsen of Ottawa; three daughters, Tina Whited, Rhonda Read and Terry (Danny) Ricks, all of Alabama; 16 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; one sister, Anna Mae (John) Olson of Maple Park; and a loving friend, Diane Hanlon, of Marseilles.
He was preceded in death by his wife; his parents; one son, Samuel; and one grandson, Benjamin.
Memorials may be directed to the family in care of Osborne-Nelson Funeral Home, 135 E. Lincoln St., Seneca, IL 61360.