- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Rep. Hatcher to run for re-election
YORKVILLE—State Representative Kay Hatcher announced she will seek re-election to the General Assembly serving the 50th District, which serves approximately 600 square miles in Kendall, Kane and LaSalle counties. Hatcher is serving her sec- ond term in a district that will have new boundaries.
“Once every 10 years, legislative bound- ary lines are re-drawn to reflect changing demographics of every district in Illinois,” Hatcher said. “It’s a great honor to have the opportunity to serve the 180,000 residents in the current 50th District through January 2013. This area is the fastest growing in our state, and will be impacted by legal guide- lines that mandate a state representative serve a population closer to 105,000.”
The new legislative boundaries, currently under legal review, create a 50th District that is about one-third the size of the exist- ing district.
“The new boundaries retain the heart of the current district, uniting Kendall and Kane counties into a compact map,” she said.