- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Flu season arrives—get vaccinated
KANE COUNTY—Autumn is the beginning of the flu season, and now is a good time to think about protecting yourself with a flu vaccine. The Kane County Health Department encourages all residents to take the time to get a flu vaccine.
To find the nearest location of a flu shot provider, visit the Health Department’s website at kanehealth.com/flu to find a map of local providers. Watch for regular flu season updates on its Facebook and Twitter (@KaneCoHealth) pages throughout the flu season.
Nearly everyone over the age of 6 months should get an annual vaccine. This year’s vaccine is geared toward three different influenza viruses and, no, you can’t get the flu from the flu shot.
Remember the Three C’s—cover your cough, clean your hands and contain the disease by staying home if you’re sick.