- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
by David Maas
MAPLE PARK—The Maple Park Village Board on Tuesday discussed the possibility of energy aggregation for the village.
“Earlier this month, we had a presentation from Bill McMahon of the Progressive Energy Group,” Village President Kathy Curtis said.
In energy aggregation, the village works with a broker to find the best possible rates on electricity for its residents, from various suppliers.
“The next step is to decide if we want to pass an ordinance, because the residents ultimately decide if we take this further.” Curtis said.
In order to move forward, residents of Maple Park will decide if they want energy aggregation.
If the vote passes for aggregation, residents do have the option to not take part.
“It is important that they know they can opt out,” Trustee Suzanne Fahnestock said.
The village will draft an ordinance, and vote on it at the Dec. 6 Board meeting.