- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Nov. 24 Elburn police blotter
The following reports were obtained from local police departments. The individuals charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
• Joshua R. Brown, 25, of Chicago, was arrested on Nov. 17 on an outstanding warrant for larceny and failure to appear from South Jackson County, Ill. Reports say Brown flagged down an officer in the Metra parking lot saying he needed a ride to DeKalb and asked the officer to call a cab. Brown was unable to post bond set at $7,500 and was transported to Kane County Jail for processing.
• Marea L. Nunez, 35, of Genoa, Ill., was charged on Nov. 18 for driving without a license and without insurance. Reports say after Nunez was stopped by police for having only one operating headlight, she produced an expired insurance card and said she did not have a license. Reports say Nunez posted bond and was released.
• William J. Wallace, 18, of Naperville, Ill., was charged on Nov. 20 for dirving on a suspended license. Reports say Wallace was stopped by police for not having a rear plate light. The officer found that Wallace’s license was suspended, according to reports. Wallace posted $150 bond and was released. He has a Jan. 12, 2012 court date.