- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Dec. 9 police blotter
The following reports were obtained from local police departments. The individuals charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
• Joshua Huskins, 28, of Maple Park was charged on Nov. 30 with driving on an expired license and with driving without a valid registration. Huskins posted bond and has a court date of Jan. 6.
• Police responded to a report of someone refusing to pay a taxi fare on Dec. 2 at Route 47 and Nebraska Street. Reports say Pamela A. Warrington, 49, of St. Charles, refused to pay the $25.60 taxi fare from Peck Road and Route 38. The taxi was called by sheriff’s deputies to transport Warrington back to Elburn. Police reports indicate Warrington refused to get out of the taxi and kept repeating “lawyer” as officers attempted to remove her from the vehicle. She was forcibly removed and handcuffed. The police report said police found $1,204 in cash in her purse. Warrington then told police her blood pressure was dropping and she was about to faint, and then went limp. Paramedics were called and she was taken to Delnor emergency. She reportedly was beligerant and making obscene remarks. She was released from Delnor and taken to Kane County Jail. Warrington was charged with theft of services and resisting arrest.
• Jason Anthony Gale, 34, of Sugar Grove, was charged Dec. 6 with operating an uninsured vehicle with a revoked registration and driving with a suspended out of state license. Gale reportedly posted bond and was released with a court date of Jan. 6.
• Richard A. Elias, 49, of Big Rock, was charged Dec. 6 with possession of drug paraphernalia after police found a pipe with cannabis residue. Elias was also charged with crossing the railroad tracks while the lights were flashing and for driving on a suspended registration. He posted bond and will be in court on Jan. 6.
• Scott Fairty, 50, of Chicago, was charged Dec. 3 with driving with an expired license and suspended insurance. He posted bond and was released.
• Derrick D. Hayden, 39, of the 1000 block of Treesdale Way, Joliet, was arrested on Dec. 1 after police discovered Hayden had a suspended driver’s license and a warrant for his arrest out of Union, Ill.
• Mohammed A. Wahid, 19, of the 3000 block of Glen Eagles Court, St. Charles, was arrested on Dec. 7 and issued an ordinance violation for possession of drug paraphernalia and additional citations for speeding 75 mph in a 55 mph zone and driving while license suspended.