- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Navy Seaman Justus completes basic training
North Chicago, Ill.—Navy Seaman Benjamin Justus, son of Julie A. and Jody A. Justus of Sugar Grove, completed U.S. Navy basic training at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes Naval Base, in North Chicago, Ill.
During the eight-week program, Justus completed a variety of training that included classroom study and practical instruction on naval customs, first aid, firefighting, water safety and survival, and shipboard and aircraft safety. An emphasis was also placed on physical fitness.
The capstone event of boot camp is “Battle Stations”. This exercise gives recruits the skills and confidence they need to succeed in the fleet.
Justus is a 2010 graduate of Kaneland High School of Maple Park, Ill.