- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Local businesses pass compliance test, refuse to sell tobacco to minors
ELBURN—All six Elburn businesses that sell tobacco products passed the compliance test for not selling tobacco to minors. In January, a 17-year-old decoy agent working with the Elburn Police Department made the rounds of the businesses and attempted to purchase tobacco. No sales were made to the agent.
The six businesses licensed to sell tobacco are Elburn Mobil, Elburn Liquors, Valley Liquors, BP Amoco, Jewel-Osco and Walgreens. This is the eight year in a row that 100 percent of the licensed retailers successfully met the compliance check. These quarterly checks are a requirement of the Illinois Liquor Control Commission’s “Kids Can’t Buy ‘Em Here” tobacco control grant.