- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Kaneland announces its educators of the Year nominees
Kaneland—The Kaneland School District Nominating Committee announced its 2012 honorees.
The following educators and support staff will represent the district in Kane County’s 2012 Educator of the Year competition in the following categories: Support Staff, Sue Thompson, paraprofessional at Kaneland John Shields; Elementary, Nancy Meisenger, literacy specialist at Kaneland John Shields; Middle School, Brian Kowalski, vocal music teacher at Harter Middle School; High School, Javier Martinez, social studies teacher at Kaneland High School; Special Educator, Cassidy Adams, speech therapist at Harter Middle School; Administrator, Vern Alexander, assistant director at Fox Valley Career Center.
To complete the nominating process, letters of support for these individuals from staff, parents, students, and others in the community who have worked with these people in some way need to be gathered. Please send your letters by 3 p.m. on Friday, March 16, as follow:
• Sue Thompson, send to Ms. Terri Konen, Kaneland John Shields Elementary School, 85 Main St., Sugar Grove IL 60554
• Nancy Meisenger, send to Ms. Terri Konen, Kaneland John Shields Elementary School, 85 Main St., Sugar Grove IL 60554
• Brian Kowalski, send to Ms. Barb Landis, Kaneland Harter Middle School, 1601 Esker Drive, Sugar Grove IL 60554
• Javier Martinez, send to Ms. Sharon Beck, Kaneland High School, 47W326 Keslinger Road, Maple Park IL 60151
• Cassidy Adams, send to Ms. Barb Landis, Kaneland Harter Middle School, 1601 Esker Drive, Sugar Grove IL 60554
• Vern Alexander, send to Ms. Sharon Beck, Kaneland High School, 47W326 Keslinger Road, Maple Park IL 60151
The Educator of the Year Banquet will be held on Friday, May 11, at the Pheasant Run Mega Center in St. Charles.