- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Village increases base water, sewer
The base water rate will rise by 50 cents, and the base sewer fee will increase by the same amount. The water usage rate will increase by 12 cents per 100 cubic feet, and the sewer usage rate will go up by less than a cent per 100 cubic feet. The board plans to review the need for an increase annually.
“It’s an increase, but the village needs to pay for its operating expenses like painting the water towers and repairing pumps. The only items the village has to sell are water and sewer. It’s got to make its expenses and put aside (for the future). We’re still lower than all the Fox Valley and still some west of us in our water and sewer charge. It speaks to the efficiency of the Public Works Department,” Village President Dave Anderson said.