- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Kane County Sheriff offers scholarship
Kane County—Kane County Sheriff Pat Perez will award one scholarship to a Kane County resident in the amount of $500.
The scholarship is part of the Illinois Sheriffs’ Association program where Illinois residents are awards college scholarships for the 2012-13 academic years. The scholarships must be applied to tuition, books or fees only, and students must be enrolled at a full-time certified institution of higher learning within Illinois.
Applications are available at the front desk of the Kane County Sheriff’s Office or on the internet at www.ilsheriff.org. The applicant must complete the application and answer the essay question. All applications must be turned in by March 12, 2012. There will be no restriction by reason of race, age, creed, color, sex or natural origin.
For more information please contact Dawn Barsanti at (630) 208-2003.