Parish Lenten Mission at St. Peter Church
By Elburn Herald
on March 1, 2012
GENEVA—Parish Lenten Mission at St. Peter Church in Geneva will host a parish mission Sunday through Thursday, March 4-8.
The mission will be led by Fr. George Knab, a Missionary Oblate of Mary Immaculate from Chicago. A parish mission is a preaching event conducted on consecutive evenings. The preaching centers on the Word of God, as well as Catholic doctrine and Catholic practice. The mission helps one to focus on their personal relationship with the Lord and inspires one to look at their life, values and direction.
• Sunday, March 4, 7 p.m.—Sermon: “We Believe (the Creed).” Ritual: “Sharing the Creed”
• Monday, March 5, 8 a.m.—Mass, Seton Hall. Talk: “The Greatest Commandment.”
7 p.m.—Sermon: “Remembering and Celebrating.” Ritual: “Renewal of Baptismal Promises (The Sacraments)”
• Tuesday, March 6, 8 a.m.—Mass, Seton Hall. Talk: “Second Greatest Commandment”; 7 p.m.—Sermon: “Lift Up Your Hearts” (prayer). Ritual: “Piecing Together the Puzzle of Life”
• Wednesday, March 7, 8 a.m.—Mass, Seton Hall. Talk: “Good Grief: Accepting Loss Gracefully”; 7 p.m.—Sermon: Life In Christ (Moral Living). Ritual: “Sacrament of Penance being offered”
• Thursday, March 8, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.—Confessions each hour on the hour
A free-will donation may be given. The church is located at 1891 Kaneville Road in Geneva. Questions can be directed to the parish office, (630) 232-0124.