- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Police blotter for March 9
The following reports were obtained from local police departments. The individuals charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
• A Gateway notebook computer was stolen from a vehicle parked at the Elburn Metra station between 10:25 a.m. and 6:15 p.m. on Feb. 19. An investigation is pending.
• Larry Bebo, 52, of the 600 block of N. Michigan Street in Elmhurst, Ill., was issued a citation on March 4 for trespassing on railroad property.
• Jesus Segura, 23, of the 400 block of Parker Avenue, Aurora, was taken into custody on Feb. 22 after police discovered there were warrants for Segura’s arrest out of the Aurora Police Department and DuPage County Sheriff’s Office. Segura was also charged with obstructing identification.
• Rigoberto Gutierrez, 30, of the 1200 block of 5th Avenue in Aurora, was arrested on Feb. 22 and charged with driving while license suspended.
• Crystal E. Bennett, 30, of the 100 block of S. Main Street, Sugar Grove, turned herself in to police on Feb. 27 because there was a warrant for her arrest out of the Wheaton Police Department for failure to appear in court.
• Christopher K. Murre, 21, of the 200 block of Chatsworth Avenue, Sugar Grove, was arrested on March 5 and charged with driving while license suspended and unlawful use of weapons (possessed metal knuckles).
• Robin L. Scullin, 48, of the 100 block of Terry Drive, Sugar Grove, was arrested on March 6 and charged with expired registration, cancelled driver’s license and DUI (alcohol and prescription drugs). Police stated that Scullin refused a breathalyzer test.