- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Board increases discretionary fees
KANELAND—Kaneland School Board members on Monday voted 6-1 to approve an increase in discretionary fees.
The fee increase is expected to generate $85,080 in potential revenue, and will include, at the high school level, a $30 spike for parking, $50 for sports, $20 for clubs and $60 for theater (class plays and musicals). Increases at the middle school level include a $40 bump for sports and $35 for school plays.
There will not be a fee increase for clubs at the middle school level.
A document from Dr. Julie Ann-Fuchs, assistant superintendent for business, states that the athletic and activities fees represent a 50 percent increase, while the parking fee is a 20 percent increase.