The following reports were obtained from local police departments. The individuals charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
• Kevin D. Patterson, 35, of the 2500 block of Westminster Lane in Aurora, was arrested on March 10 and charged with disorderly conduct for filing a false police report. Patterson had reported his truck stolen following his involvement in a single-vehicle accident the previous night.
• John W. Case, 31, of the 2700 block of Warren Boulevard in Chicago, was arrested on March 11 and issued ordinance citations for possession of cannabis and possession of drug paraphernalia, as well as a citation for speeding (77 mph in a 55 mph zone).
• Cecilia M. Mastrodomencio, 19, of the 400 block of School Street in Plano, Ill., was arrested on March 13 and issued citations for possession of cannabis, possession of drug paraphernalia and speeding (60 mph in a 45 mph zone).
• Fernando Lopez-Escobar, 19, of the 200 block of Kedvale Avenue in Chicago, was taken into custody on March 9 and cited for speeding and not having a valid driver’s license.
• Christopher A. Shoemaker, 41, of the 500 block of Walnut Avenue in Maple Park, turned himself in to Maple Park Police on March 14 because a warrant was out for his arrest. As a condition of bond, Shoemaker had to report to the Elburn Police Department for processing.
• Campton Hills Police on March 15 responded to a report of a single-vehicle accident at Campton Hills Road and Ponderosa Drive.
The driver of the vehicle, James R. Jensen, 46, of the 1000 block of N. 14 th Street in Dekalb, Ill., was pronounced dead upon arrival of fire and police personnel.
Jensen’s Dodge Caravan was going west on Campton Hills Road near Ponderosa Drive and left the roadway. The vehicle traveled a short distance and struck a tree. The vehicle came to rest against the tree.
The Kane County Sheriff’s Department, St. Charles Police Department, Kane County Coroner’s Office, Kane County Office of Emergency Management, Kane County Forest Preserve Police, and the Fox River Fire Department assisted in the incident.
The crash is under investigation by the Campton Hills Police Department.