- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Comprehensive Land Use Plan consultant approved for hire
by Lynn Meredith
ELBURN—Images, Inc. has been selected by the Elburn Village Board to work on the Comprehensive Land Use Plan, paid for by a $100,000 grant. The Wheaton firm has worked on the Huntley Monroe Center, Batavia Downtown re-development plan and the Route 47- Woodstock study, among other projects.
The firm’s task will be to look at community planning, downtown planning, transportation and environmental issues. The plan will be entirely new, not just an update, with a large public participation process, Village Administrator Erin Willrett said. It will give the village the tools to make choices about what ordinances to enact.
“They are going to tell us some things instead of just listening,” Village President Dave Anderson said. “They can bring new ideas and a fresh look at the village.”