- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
May 11 police blotter
The following reports were obtained from local police departments. The individuals charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
• Richard T. Sullivan, 25, of the 400 block of Conley Drive in Elburn, was arrested on May 5 and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, failure to inform/notify police after striking property, unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of cannabis under 2.5 grams.
• Jesus Alcantar-Martinez, 49, of the 100 block of Capes Drive in Elburn, was arrested on May 6 and issued citations for driving while license revoked, no valid safety test, and operations an uninsured motor vehicle.
• Tristan T. Schmidt, 35, of the 500 block of Kelly Avenue in Yorkville, Ill., was arrested on May 8 and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a blood alcohol content of 0.08 or more, and speeding (50 mph in a 35 mph zone).
• Willie Walker Jr., 56, of the 100 block of Chapel Circle in Ripley, Tenn., was arrested on May 3 and issued citations for speeding (77 mph in a 55 mph zone), uninsured driving while license suspended, DUI and DUI above 0.08.