- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Elburn recognized as a Train Town USA
ELBURN—Elburn has been recognized as a Train Town USA by the Union Pacific railroad.
A representative from the railroad on Monday presented the Village Board with a commemorative coin and a reflective sign to recognize 150 years of partnership between the railroad, first named the Chicago-Galena line, and the community. He explained that the line that runs through Elburn is one of the busiest in the nation—second only to North Platte, Neb.
The combination of freight trains and commuter lines contributes to approximately 120 trains each day.