- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Carson, Peterson to wed
Sarah Carson of Maple Park and Pete Peterson of Shabbona, Ill., are engaged to be married on July 7, 2012, at St. Mary of the Assumption in Maple Park.
Sarah is the daughter of Dan and Anne Carson of Maple Park and is a 2008 Kaneland High School graduate and 2012 University of Illinois graduate. She is employed as a high school agriculture teacher.
Pete is the son of Dave and Sue Peterson of Shabbona and is a 2008 Indian Creek High School graduate and 2010 Black Hawk College graduate. He farms and raises cattle in Shabbona.