- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
KC Sheriff’s Office receives report of ‘suspicious incident’ in Prestbury
KANE COUNTY—On June 25, at approximately 4:50 p.m., a 9-year-old girl who lives in the Prestbury subdivision, located in unincorporated Sugar Grove Township, reported that a pickup truck drove near her while she was skateboarding. A male subject told her to get into the truck. She immediately went home and told her parents, who called the Kane County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies checked the area but could not locate any vehicles matching the description. The Sheriff’s Office received no additional calls of this nature.
The vehicle was a midsized white pickup truck with a silver tool box in the bed of the truck. The truck had black letters on the side and tailgate. The last letter on the Illinois license plate may have been an “S.”
The driver of the truck appeared to be alone. The girl was not able to give a description of the driver.
The Sheriff’s Office warns parents to talk to their children about stranger danger issues and, more importantly, know where their children are at all times.
Anyone with information on this incident is encouraged to contact the Kane County Sheriff’s Office.