- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Xplosion 96 goes 6-3
LEMONT, Ill.—The Kane County Xplosion competed in the recent Chicago Metro’s Tournament, held this past weekend in Lemont, Ill., earning a top-10 finish in the 48-team field with a 6-3 overall record.
Madeline Avery hit four home runs, while Paige Kuefler, Samantha Phelps and Emma Spagnola each added a home run. Amanda Lack added two triples, and Allison Miller batted .389. Lauren Zick accounted for nine runs. Denise Gombar and McKenzie Bretag added key hits. Kaylee Hayton and Stephanie Prentice pitched for the Xplosion.
This week the girls will be back in Lemont for the Jim Dede Memorial Tournament.