- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
WCC offers fall high school baseball
Sugar Grove—Waubonsee Community College will host a fall baseball league for high school players who are not participating in any fall high school sports.
This IHSA-approved league is the area’s longest running and most economical fall league. Over 2,000 players have participated throughout the past 27 years, with hundreds going on to compete at the collegiate level.
The league is scheduled to run from Thursday, Aug. 30, through the end of September.
Games will be played every Tuesday and Thursday during the month of September, beginning at 4 p.m. each day. All games will be played on Waubonsee Community College’s baseball diamond in Sugar Grove, and all players signed up are guaranteed playing time. Each of the eight game days will provide players the opportunity to use Waubonsee’s outdoor hitting facility that features two astro-turfed batting cages and multiple hitting stations.
Individuals interested in playing should attend an organizational meeting on Wednesday, Aug. 29, at 4:30 p.m. on the Sugar Grove campus. The meeting will take place in Room 219 of Erickson Hall, Waubonsee’s gymnasium, with a $60 fee due at that time.
For more information, contact Waubonsee baseball coach Dave Randall at (630) 466-2527.