KANE COUNTY—Work on the County Pavement Preservation and Rejuvenation Program began last week, with an anticipated completion date of September 2012, weather permitting. The program will involve the application of surface treatments to various county roads in order to extend the service life of the roadway.
Subject to change, the roadways are anticipated to be treated in the following order:
• West County Line Road (Main Street Road to Route 38)
• Burlington Road (Ellithorpe Road to Route 47)
• Burlington Road (Plato Road to village of Burlington railroad tracks)
• Dunham Road (Kirk Road to Old Stearns Road)
• Army Trail Road (Dunham Road to county line)
• Huntley Road (730’ west of Square Barn Road to 500’ east of Square Barn Road)
• Huntley Road (90’ north of Deerpath Lane to 1,540’ south of Deerpath Lane)
• Galligan Road (910’ north of Binnie Road to 550’ south of Freeman Road)
• David Road
• Swan Road
• Main Street Road (Route 47 to Harter Road)
• Beith Road (Route 47 to Thatcher Road)
• Silver Glen Road (Corron Road to Route 47)
Roads being treated will remain open during treatment and may be reduced to one-lane travel using temporary daily lane closures. Motorists should add extra time to their commutes, expect delays, watch for construction activity, obey flaggers and consider the use of alternate routes while traveling through the work areas.
Questions or concerns may be directed to John Guddendorf at (630) 816-9671. For all Kane County Traffic Advisories, see www.co.kane.il.us/dot/trafficalerts.