- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Glenbard South successfully defends court vs. KHS boys
With the chance to make some noise against a Western Sun Conference threat, Kaneland was silenced on Friday night in Glen Ellyn.
The Raiders defeated the Knights 54-49 to drop Kaneland down to 8-7 (2-5 WSC).
For KHS, middle presence Dave Dudzinski had 15 points, while Brody Root added 11.
Dudzinski was the only Knight to reach the foul line, going 7-for-8.
GS senior Jordan Harks had a game-high 22 points.
Glenbard South led 11-9 after one quarter, and 29-26 after the first half. The Raiders extended their lead to 46-35 after the third frame, holding firm for the win.
The sophomores fell to 2-12, losing a 50-34 skirmish with the host Raiders. Zach Ringhouse had 22 to lead the Knights.
The Knightsâ€™ lone contest this upcoming week is a home matchup against DeKalb High School on Friday, Jan. 23, at 7 p.m.
Photo: Knight Mike Pritchard attempts to maneuver past a Glenbard South defender during Fridayâ€™s loss. Photo by Ben Draper