- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
EEI presents wastewater solutions to Village Board
by Susan O’Neill
ELBURN—Engineering Enterprises, Inc. (EEI) Vice President Jeffrey Freeman on Monday presented the Elburn Village Board with several options for solving wastewater collection, treatment and disposal issues.
The board in November will vote on an agreement with EEI to create a plan for addressing the wastewater issues. EEI will present its findings to the board next March.
The village earlier this year ended its 25-year relationship with engineering firm Rempe-Sharpe and Associates, and appointed EEI as the village engineer effective May 7. Since that time, EEI engineers have worked with Superintendent of Public Works John Nevenhoven to establish priorities for the village.
Freeman will be the project manager for this project.