- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Dorothy Jane Holby
Dorothy Jane Holby, 90 of Elburn, passed away on Monday, Oct. 29, 2012, at her home. She was born on Jan. 28, 1922, in Chicago, the daughter of Owen and Mabel (Flasher) Vrooman.
Dorothy was united in marriage on June 10, 1950, in Oak Park, Ill., to Mr. Eric Holby, and they spent the next 55 happy years together until his passing on Feb. 8, 2006.
Dorothy enjoyed photographing cats, and sold many of her images to magazines and other publications.
She is survived by her son, Eric R. (Tammy) Holby of Elburn.
Funeral services and interment will be private.
Arrangements by Nelson Funeral Homes and Crematory. For more information, contact www.NelsonFuneralHomes.com or (630) 553-7611.