- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Report of suspicious incident near Maple Park
KANE COUNTY—Kane County Sheriff’s Deputies on Tuesday afternoon were dispatched to the 46W400 block of Beith Road near Maple Park on a report of a suspicious vehicle.
The driver of the vehicle pulled into a driveway and asked an 8-year-old boy if he wanted a ride. The boy ran into his house. His mother, who heard the vehicle stop, looked outside and saw the vehicle, described as a maroon 1990s model four-door—possibly a hatchback—with a loud muffler. The driver was described as an older male with white hair, glasses and a “wrinkly” face.
Sheriff’s Deputies checked the area but were unable to locate the vehicle. There were no additional reports of this nature in the area.