- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Waubonsee names Dean for Students
SUGAR GROVE—The Waubonsee Community College Board of Trustees recently appointed Dr. Scott Peska of DeKalb to the position of Dean for Students.
Dr. Peska has worked at Northern Illinois University (NIU) since 2004, serving as the associate director and first year connections coordinator for four years before establishing and working as the director of the Office of Support and Advocacy. That office was opened to provide holistic support after the tragic NIU campus shooting in February 2008.
In his most recent role as the director of Military Student Services at NIU, Dr. Peska created a one-stop shop to serve the college’s 800 veteran and active military students. Under his leadership, NIU won the Illinois Governor’s Award for Excellence in Veteran Education in 2010.
Dr. Peska earned his doctorate in higher education administration from the University of Illinois. He also holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in communication from Illinois State University, as well as an associate degree from Highland Community College.