- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Dog-attack wounds cited as cause in death of Big Rock woman
BIG ROCK—The death of a Big Rock woman has been ruled the result of wounds sustained during a dog attack.
Dawn Brown, 44, of the 400 block of Jefferson Street in Big Rock, was found dead on the afternoon of Nov. 12. After completion of her autopsy by the Kane County Coroner’s Office, it was ruled that Brown died from wounds she sustained inside her home during an attack by her pet Mastiff.
Brown and her husband also owned a Boxer and Pit Bull mix breed. All three animals were taken into custody by Kane County Animal Control.
A memorial service for Brown was held on Saturday in Big Rock.