- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Soccer club supports community
Photo: Members of the winning U9 and U11 Kaneland United Soccer Club include Samy Awad (front, left to right), Kevin Schilling, Ryan Love, Nate Love, Anthony Buchanan, Joshua Pehl, Will Sands, Jack Rissman and Sean Gannon; U9 coach Mike Mitchinson (back row), U11 coach Brad Simmons, Jacob Simmons, Tommy Musuras, Matthew Northrup, Tucker Jahns, Erick Barrigan, Garrett Robinson, Zach Smith, Tyler Chapman, Zander Webster, assistant U9 coach Joel Rissman and LivingWell Development Coordinator Lori Hanson. Courtesy Photo
The Kaneland United Soccer club recently partnered with the LivingWell Cancer Resource Center in Geneva and collected nearly $1,000 in cash and gift cards to go along with nearly 100 items needed from the organization’s wish list. A contest was held to see what teams could raise the most money and what team could collect the most items.
The U9 boys team, coached by Mike Mitchinson and assisted by Joel Rissman, collected the most items, while the U11 boys team, coached by Brad Simmons, raised the most money.
The club conducted their campaign during October, in part, to raise awareness for Breast Cancer.