- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Soccer club supports community
Photo: Members of the winning U9 and U11 Kaneland United Soccer Club include Samy Awad (front, left to right), Kevin Schilling, Ryan Love, Nate Love, Anthony Buchanan, Joshua Pehl, Will Sands, Jack Rissman and Sean Gannon; U9 coach Mike Mitchinson (back row), U11 coach Brad Simmons, Jacob Simmons, Tommy Musuras, Matthew Northrup, Tucker Jahns, Erick Barrigan, Garrett Robinson, Zach Smith, Tyler Chapman, Zander Webster, assistant U9 coach Joel Rissman and LivingWell Development Coordinator Lori Hanson. Courtesy Photo
The Kaneland United Soccer club recently partnered with the LivingWell Cancer Resource Center in Geneva and collected nearly $1,000 in cash and gift cards to go along with nearly 100 items needed from the organization’s wish list. A contest was held to see what teams could raise the most money and what team could collect the most items.
The U9 boys team, coached by Mike Mitchinson and assisted by Joel Rissman, collected the most items, while the U11 boys team, coached by Brad Simmons, raised the most money.
The club conducted their campaign during October, in part, to raise awareness for Breast Cancer.