- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
The village of Elburn, in cooperation with the League of Illinois Bicyclists, is producing a Bike-to-Metra guide for the village. The guide will contain a map with preferred bicycle routes around the Metra station, as well as bicycling and railroad safety tips.
â€œThis is another way that the village can encourage alternative transportation use,â€ said Erin Willrett, community development director. â€œBy providing a guide with a map and safety tips, we are giving the residents the tools they need to achieve a healthier, more sustainable lifestyle.â€
The guide was made possible and is 100 percent funded by the Public Education and Enforcement Research Study (PEERS) grant from the Illinois Commerce Commission. This guide will educate bicyclists and drivers about railroad and roadway safety with the goal of reducing railroad trespassing incidents.