- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Letter: An unarmed America is an America at risk
In response to the Letter to the Editor dated Jan. 3, does the person who wrote that letter understand there are rules in the state of Illinois? You must have a Firearms Owner’s Identification (FOID) card that has your picture and information on it that matches your driver’s license. Without the FOID card, you cannot purchase any firearm or ammunition.
If the author of that letter feels hard-working, law-abiding, tax-paying, ex-military patriots are “macho,” then I say thank you for the compliment.
Did you know the law in Illinois says you cannot have any more than three shells in a shotgun or a rifle? Hand guns hold a six-shot capacity.
There are many shooting clubs in Illinois and throughout the United States, some very close in proximity to Sugar Grove. Safety is stressed to the limit.
What you don’t seem to understand is that legal gun ownership is not the problem. The Second Amendment to the Constitution protects all legal gun owners. An unarmed America is an America at risk.