- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
West Physical Therapy, SG Legion assemble packages for area servicemen
SUGAR GROVE—West Physical Therapy’s Sugar Grove and Geneva locations collected items in December 2012 to put in care packages to send to local servicemen and women stationed overseas. Sugar Grove American Legion Post 1271 assembled and shipped the care packages to provide a reminder of home.
Sugar Grove American Legion President Cliff Barker and American Legion Auxiliary President Lin Marcucci joined Patient Care Coordinator Jayne Holley on Jan. 12 at West Physical Therapy’s Sugar Grove location, and were presented with many bags and boxes. Items such as writing materials, entertainment items and personal hygiene products were boxed by the Sugar Grove Legion Auxiliary members.
Mailings are done up to four times a year, as items are donated, and all cash donations are earmarked to cover shipping expenses.
For more information or to donate, contact the Legion Auxiliary at (630) 466-9700.