- Down to the Barbed Wire
- Volleyball handles Aurora Christian, succumbs to hot Yorkville squad
- Boys XC tries to master rising temps, pressure in Oakhurst setting
- Volunteers prepare for Halloween Fest’s 25th year
- Program employs horses to treat PTSD
- Home construction on the rise again in Blackberry Creek
Letter: Michels’ accomplishments speak for themselves
Sean Michels has accomplished a number of achievements as village president. He worked to lower our electric rates, passed an ordinance to ban synthetic marijuana, brought in new businesses, and on and on.
One of Sean’s proudest moments has been to establish the Sugar Grove Economic Development Corporation, a public/private corporation to attract and retain businesses in our community. Sean was also instrumental in securing over $5 million in grants and low-interest loans for roads and infrastructure improvements.
Some people think it is time for a change in leadership. Why change when things are going so well. His opponent has not showed any achievements in his 13 years as a trustee.
I am voting for Sean Michels to continue his service to the citizens of Sugar Grove, and urge you to join me on April 9.
Julie R. Rutter