- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Letter: In support of Schuberg for Elburn village trustee
I am writing to express my full support for Pat Schuberg’s candidacy for Elburn Village Trustee.
I believe that Pat would bring important leadership and experience to the Village Board. She has been a member of the Elburn Planning Commission since 1997, and the Chairperson for six of those years. As a result of her many years on the board, Pat would be well-positioned to deal with such critical issues as the Elburn Station development. I also share her view that Elburn is at an important juncture as it struggles with issues like the state of the village economy, housing and the need to grow our local businesses.
In addition, Pat has generously donated her time and talent to a number of local organizations. I first met her over 10 years ago through Elburn Baseball and Softball, and then Elburn Boy Scout Troop 7. With the latter, she was responsible for a number of years with helping Boy Scouts, including my son, with their rank advancements.
A woman of faith, and active in her church, Pat is articulate, sincere and committed to making Elburn a better place to live. She will make an excellent addition to the Village Board, and I hope others will join me in voting for her on April 9.