- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
WCC student trustee named Coca-Cola Bronze Scholar
SUGAR GROVE—Waubonsee Community College student trustee K.C. Vogt, an Aurora resident, was recently named a Coca-Cola Community College Academic Team Bronze Scholar.
Vogt received the $1,000 scholarship based on his grade point average, academic and leadership awards, and engagement in college and community service. In addition to serving as Waubonsee’s student trustee, he is also the chair of the Illinois Community College Board’s Student Advisory Committee (ICCB-SAC).
A member of Phi Theta Kappa, Vogt maintains a perfect 4.0 GPA as a biology major, with plans to eventually go on to medical school to become a gastroenterologist.
Sponsored by the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation and administered by the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, the academic team recognizes 50 gold, 50 silver and 50 bronze scholars from community colleges around the nation.
More than 1,800 applications were received this year.