- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Protecting the lead
Softball faces off against NIB-12 foes Yorkville, Morris
Kaneland—At 15-3, and 7-1 in the Northern Illinois Big XII, Kaneland tried to keep the positive momentum going with a pair of conference wins this week.
Last Thursday’s win over Yorkville dropped the Lady Foxes to 13-8 and 5-2 in the NIB-12. KHS managed to get four runs across in the top of the third and one more in the fifth, making sure the Yorkville run in the seventh was all for naught.
Leadoff presence Lexi Roach had three hits for the victors, while Allie Miller had three RBI to go along with Lanie Callaghan’s additional run scoring hit. Paige Kuefler added a double to the party.
Staff ace Ellissa Eckert nabbed the win in the pitcher’s circle.
Against Morris on Tuesday, Kaneland ran out to a 7-2 win, largely thanks to the bat of Kuefler and the arm of Eckert. Kuefler led the team at the plate, going 2-for-3 with a home run, three RBI and two runs scored.
Eckert pitched a complete game, scattering eight hits and two runs (one earned).
A matchup scheduled for Monday at Oswego East was shelved due to OE making up a conference game with Oswego.
The Lady Knights will travel to Sycamore on Thursday, May 9, with a 4:30 p.m. game time.