- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Berenice H. O’Donnell
Berenice H. O’Donnell, 89, of Batavia, formerly of Chicago, passed away in the early morning hours of May 5, 2013. She is now at peace, but leaves behind her memories as a loving grandmother, boating on Lake Michigan, and the grace she displayed on the ballroom floor with her husband, Charles E. O’Donnell.
She is survived by two children, Helen A. (Wayne) Zmrhal of Elburn, and Jack C. O’Donnell of Richland Center, Wis.; and two grandchildren, Brent K. Zmrhal and Jennifer A. Zmrhal.
She is preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Charles E. O’Donnell; and two siblings, Gordon and Robert Klett.
Private family services will take place at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial has been established in her name to benefit the American Cancer Society. Checks may be made to the “Berenice O’Donnell Memorial” and mailed in care of P.O. Box 66, Elburn, 60119. Tributes may also be forwarded to the same address or on the web at www.conleycare.com.