Kaneland Knights GIVE program
KANELAND—The Kaneland Knights GIVE program has been set up to recognize and acknowledge students who gave back to the school and community through voluntary service. GIVE stands for “Generosity Involves Volunteer Effort.”
The guidelines are as follows:
• The volunteer service hours may be in conjunction with organized service projects sponsored by church, scouts, etc.
• The volunteer service hours may be earned for work at school, such as filing, cleaning, working concessions, tutoring, helping others in need or at the discretion of the school staff.
• The student must log all hours of volunteer service and have a supervising adult, class sponsor or class president sign off on the hours recorded on the log sheet.
• Students will submit a completed log sheet to the high school office.
Levels of recognition:
• Level 1: Forty hours of volunteer work will result in certificate, T-shirt, and name recognized in a press release and on announcements
• Level 2: Eighty hours of volunteer work will result in certificate, T-shirt, movie gift card, and name recognized in a press release and on announcements
Kaneland High School would like to recognize the following students for at least 40 hours of volunteer service this year: Amanda Felella, Spencer Good, Brooke Harner, Kevin Healy, Amelia Likeum, Kellyn McMullan, Cody Pitstick, Spencer Serwin and Taylor Spooner.
KHS would like to recognize the following students for at least 80 hours of volunteer service this school year: David Barnhart, Hailey Boyd, Jaemee Cordero, Melyssa Cordero, Marshall Farthing, Shannon Gilkey, Tyler Hill, Ryan Koeppen, Alexander Kovach, Stephen McCracken, Nicholas Messina and Aaron Steenwyck.