- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Board approves replacement deck recommendation
by Mary Parrilli
KANELAND—Kaneland superintendent for business Julie-Ann Fuchs on Tuesday recommended that the School Board direct administration to execute the contract for the replacement of the plywood deck at John Shields Elementary School. The contract is with Crowther Roofing and Sheet Metal, Inc, which the board has already approved to replace the metal roof panels at a cost of $292, 210.
Fuchs asked the board to approve Crowther as the contractor for replacing the plywood at an additional cost of $123,000; putting the total cost at an estimated $415, 210.
“Remember that the original estimate was $1 million, so we are reasonably happy to see it so much less now,” said Joe Oberweis, board member.
The board approved the recommendation 6-0.