- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Bettag to attend University of Dayton
DAYTON, OHIO—Elizabeth Bettag of Maple Park will attend the University of Dayton this fall as part of an incoming class that is the most selective in school history, as well as one of the most academically prepared and geographically diverse.
The university plans to welcome about 1,900 first-year students when classes start Wednesday, Aug. 21.
Only about one out of every two applicants was accepted, as competition to get into the private Catholic university continues to rise. At 52 percent, overall selectivity is up nearly 30 percentage points in just a decade.