- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Jericho Road partial closure
SUGAR GROVE—Jericho Road will be closed to through traffic between Route 47 and Bertram Road beginning Monday, Aug. 12, for approximately 60 days.
This road closure is necessary to replace the box culvert (bridge) that carries Jericho Road over Rob Roy Drainage ditch. Additional construction work will include excavation, drainage improvements, road reconstruction and resurfacing.
A posted detour route will direct traffic around the closure using Route 47, Route 30 and Orchard Road. The public is advised to follow the posted detour route around the project and to expect increased travel times during construction.
Weather permitting, Jericho Road is scheduled to re-open by Friday, Oct. 11. However, some additional site work may continue after the road is re-opened, including landscaping, right-of-way restoration and miscellaneous related items.
Questions or concerns may be directed to the project manager, Ken Mielke, at (630) 406-7172. For all Kane County Traffic Advisories, visit www.co.kane.il.us/dot/trafficalerts.