- 2014 Football Preview: Helmet to helmet
- 2014 Tennis Preview: Bedrock of success on court
- 2014 Girls Cross Country Preview: Trail mix
- 2014 Boys Soccer Preview: Soccer hopes for more of the same
- 2014 Golf Preview: Chipping away at challenges
- 2014 Boys Cross Country Preview: Boys XC always in the running
Elburn police respond to suspicious person at Kaneland John Stewart Elementary
ELBURN–Elburn Police on Friday afternoon were dispatched to Kaneland John Stewart Elementary School on a report of a “suspicious-looking individual.”
A bus driver at some time near school dismissal spotted the individual in the field across the street from the school. The driver then radioed dispatch, who in turn called local police. Police officers arrived at the scene, investigated and determined that the students weren’t in any danger, and then released buses to leave the premises.
“I am pleased and proud that everyone followed procedure and precaution to make sure the kids were safe,” Kaneland Superintendent Jeff Schuler said.