Sugar Grove seeks Plan Commission member
SUGAR GROVE—A Sugar Grove Plan Commission member recently moved, leaving a vacancy. The village of Sugar Grove is accepting applications to fill the remainder of the vacant term, which expires in 2015. Members are appointed by the Village President, subject to approval by the Board of Trustees. Per Village Code, the current vacancy must be filled by a resident.
The Plan Commission meets on a monthly basis. The regularly scheduled meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Municipal Center, 10 S. Municipal Drive, Sugar Grove. The Plan Commission typ- ically holds a few special meetings each year to accommodate petitioners. These meetings usually take place on another Wednesday evening.
The Planning Commission consists of seven members and is a recommending body; all recommendations are presented to the Village Board for consideration and approval. The pow- ers and duties of this board, include, but are not limited to establishing a time for, conducting public hearings on, and preparing recommendations to the Village Board on the following matters:
• Application for amendments to the zoning district map or the text of the zoning ordinance. • Special use permits for planned develop- ments, including any requests for exceptions from required standards of this zoning ordinance.
• Zoning requests pertaining to newly annexed property, including review of all plats and plans in connection therewith.
• Site plan review for development proposals in commercial, commercial, manufacturing, and manufacturing districts, according to requirements.
• Plats of subdivision, including review of such plats for conformance to the comprehensive land use plan, this zoning ordinance, and the subdivision regulations of the village, as may be amended from time to time.
• To review the zoning district map for accu- racy on an annual basis, so that the zoning dis- trict map may be updated annually, and pub- lished in the manner required by the Illinois Compiled Statutes.
• To prepare and recommend to the corporate authorities, from time to time, plans for specific improvements in pursuance of the official comprehensive plan.
Applications can be found at www.sugar-grove.il.us/Forms/PCAppForm2013.pdf, and the Sugar Grove Municipal Center.
To apply, submit an application to Cynthia Galbreath, Village Clerk, at 10 S. Municipal Drive, Sugar Grove, IL 60554, or via email at email@example.com.