- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Bruckner, Engstrom to wed
Susan Bruckner and Kevin Engstrom of Denver, Colo., are engaged to be married. The wedding ceremony will be June 19 at Blue Lake Ranch outside of Durango, Colo.
Susan’s parents are Kathleen and Palmer Tibbetts of Franklin, Wis., and Larry Bruckner of Durango, Colo. She is a 1995 graduate of Greendale High School in Greendale, Wis., and a 1999 graduate of Colorado State University. Susan received her Masters Degree in Community Counseling from Adams State College in 2008. She is a counselor and the owner of Elder Wellness, LLC in Denver.
Kevin’s parents are Ellen Engstrom of Elburn and Rodney Engstrom of DeKalb. He is a 1995 graduate of DeKalb High School and a 2000 graduate of the University of Wisconsin in Madison. Kevin received his Masters Degree in Education from Prescott College in 2007. He is a science teacher at PS1 Charter School in Denver.