- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Jahns celebrate 45th wedding anniversary
ELBURN—Bill and Carol Jahns of Elburn wanted to celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary in a special way. Considering that Alaska is the 49th state and Hawaii is the 50th, they took the No. 4 from the 49th and the No. 5 from the 50th and came up with a 45th celebration idea, turning it into a “Planes, Trains and Automobiles (and Ships)” adventure.
Since family has always come first in the Jahns’ lives, they decided to take their son Joedy and his family on an Alaskan cruise in June, and then take their grandson Tucker to Hawaii in July. Sharing their celebration this way created a series of 9,000 pictorial memories that will certainly last a lifetime for them, and serve as the gift that keeps on giving and giving.