- Kaneland preschool screening Dec. 13
- Blessing of the Manger tradition carries on at Conley Corner
- ‘Drew’ grit: Senior signal-caller earns pinnacle All-State honor
- Elburn Leos to present Breakfast with Santa Dec. 1
- Between Friends Food Pantry sponsors toy, book drive
- Old-fashioned Christmas celebration in Kaneville
Kaneland (3-0) vs. Streator (0-3)
Friday, Sept. 20, at 7:30 p.m.
Kaneland High School’s Peterson Field
The Knights host the Streator Bulldogs on Friday, Sept. 20, for the second of two NIB-12 crossover meetings in 2013. A year ago, Kaneland traveled to Streator and won 41-0 in a contest that triggered a running clock for the entire second half. Balluff, Nauert and Dyer all found the end zone in the win.
Streator comes into next Friday at 0-3 after a 29-13 loss at Ottawa. The Bulldogs have scored a total of 33 points this season, and are coached by Kirk Melody. Streator last amassed both a winning record and playoff qualification in 2008, and has lost 29 of its last 30 regular season encounters.
This stands to be the last regular season meeting between the two squads for the foreseeable future, as Streator leaves the NIB-12 after four years in June 2014. Streator, the conference’s southern-most school, leaves for the Interstate Eight Conference, while Dixon departs for the Big Northern Conference.
The shuffling necessitated a divisional realignment in the NIB-12 football landscape in 2014, with Rochelle relocating to the West to balance out the schools.